This unique flowering lawn seed mix will create a wonderful short flowering meadow lawn, which is tolerant of mowing to a cut height of about 2 inches. Contains over 11 beautiful wildflower species.
This mixture is fantastic for bees and butterflies as well as providing pollinator-friendly grass cutting and lawn area to delight your senses. Once established this species-rich mix will display a wide range of some of our most beautiful native wildflowers with different flowers coming into bloom from spring, through summer, and even into the autumn to produce a continuous show of colour.
Maintaining a mowing frequency of one cut every 3 to 6 weeks for the majority of the summer will promote good flowering. This wildflower lawn seed mix is suitable for any soil and will come up year after year without the need for reseeding.
- Perfect for pollinators, creating habitats and food for a wide range of bees, butterflies and other pollinators.
- Species lifecycle: Perennial native species only
Sowing rate: 3-5g per square meter
Access to light: Requires good access to light
- Optimal sowing period: March to June or August to October
- Flowering Period: May to September
- Species included: Birdsfoot Trefoil, Red Clover, Self Heal, Ladys Bedstraw, Forget me Not, Black Medick, Yarrow, Kidney Vetch, Ragged Robin, Rough Hawkbit, Oxeye Daisy, Bent, Sheeps Fescue, Smooth Stalked Meadowgrass, Slender Red Fescue, Chewings Fescue, Crested Dogstail
The wildflowers included in this mixture support the All-Ireland Pollinator Plan and are recommended by the Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) as ‘Plants for Pollinators’.